We are pleased to announce that we have affiliations with both Active Stirling and ClubSport Stirling, both of which offer fantastic opportunities to local clubs associated with Killin & District Sports & Leisure Club. If you run any local groups and would be interested in benefiting from the fantastic benefits these affiliations offer, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss association with the club.
Each and every area of Active Stirling is driven by the same belief – that everyone living in the Stirling Council area is entitled to participate in the sport and physical activity of their choice, irrespective of their age, ability or circumstance. Active Stirling have 4 clear goals –
- Ensure the opportunities to participate exist – fun, safe, quality opportunities that are relevant to local needs
- Put in place the programmes and facilities necessary to bring about these opportunities
- Maximise the number of people participating locally, and the frequency with which they participate
- Develop productive partnerships between relevant agencies.
For more information on our affiliation please visit Active Stirling.
ClubSport Stirling is an organisation which works in partnership with Active Stirling to support Stirling’s local sports clubs. When a club affiliates to ClubSport Stirling, they will benefit from the support and advice from their designated Sports Development Officer with regards to the club’s individual aspirations and future achievements.
The aim of ClubSport Stirling is to develop clubs in the following areas:
- Building strong effective pathways from participation to performance
- Creating links across local schools, clubs and communities
- Delivering both quality and accessible sporting opportunities
- Building a sustainable volunteer infrastructure within clubs
- Creating a coaching pathway in Stirling
For more information on our affiliation please visit ClubSport Stirling.